- Peel and crush the garlic, peel and grate the ginger, chop and de-seed the chilli, slice and de-seed the peppers, peel and roughly slice the onion and chop the tomatoes.
- Into a large non-stick pot heat the cooking oil and add the lamb, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook until the lamb has browned.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook further for about 2 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Crush the Cumin and Fenugreek seeds using a pestle and mortar and add to the pot.
- Add the remaining spices along with the tomato puree to the pot and mix until the food is coated with the spices.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, dessicated coconut and red wine vinegar to the pot and mix all the ingredients well together.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and leave to cook for about 1 hour or until the lamb is tender stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
This dish is tantalisingly good! Serve with pilau rice and some natural yoghurt, if too hot on your palate.